Friday, September 19, 2008

My Neighbours Aren't Boomers

Well, its Friday late afternoon and I've been in meetings since 8:30am with a jam packed day, so I don't know that I'm going to have a huge epiphany here. In fact, the only thing that comes to mind is taking a nap on the couch as the sunsets. 

I was talking to a marketing partner today and he told me a funny story about how his company came to focus on boomers. Without permission to recap the story, I'm simply going to give you the highlights... Essentially, a wet-behind-the-ears young business person made a reference to them what they needed to do to invest in their business. Having been in business and investing in it for numerous, numerous, numerous years... the man felt that, well, this other person just didn't get him or his business. It was in that moment that he decided to focus simply on boomers.

Last night, as my neighbours drunk and rowdy friends were yelling outside my bedroom window @ 2am, I was wishing somtehing along the same lines. That my neighbours were boomers. Nice, fun-loving, free spirited but respectful... boomers. 

Have a great weekend all!

No comments: