Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Boomers : Finding Passion and Purpose

So, it's 6pm and I finally turn to our BoomerWise blog, which is fun for me to write. But, my head, when tossing around ideas of what to write about, only seems to be giving me one word:

Work

Well, I guess that's because for me, its been one of those work days. The day when the minute you get off the phone - it rings again and again and again - and five phone calls later the 2 projects you started the day with are buried beneath 5 new urgent items. 

Fortunately for me, I'm extremely passionate about my work and believe in the value of what I'm working on everyday. I made the decision in the last couple of years to switch industries and roles and take up my current position. More and more we are seeing this type of mid-career switch is also true for boomers. They want to be in a job they truly care about.

Boomerz is the Scottsdale boomer association that is specifically focused on recareering and the Festival of the Wise is very fortunate to have Cindy Cooke, the director of Boomerz, moderating a panel they developed called:

Passion & Purpose: Finding Flexible and Meaningful Opportunities in Mid-Life

This panel will feature boomers who will share their personal journeys, the reasons for the major changes they made in mid-life, their doubts, sacrifices, and joys they encountered along the way.

You can find out more about this talk here:

And more about Boomerz here:


No comments: