Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th

Today my heart goes out to the victims of September 11th and all the Soldiers who have fought, been injured or lost their lives since America was attacked in 2001.

Like the assassination of JFK and man's first footstep on the moon... September 11th is a day when we will all remember where we were when we heard the news.

At Festival of the Wise we are honoring both Veterans and Memories.

On Sunday there will be a Veterans Tribute recognizing all the sacrifices and efforts that the men and women of our armed forces have made to protect the freedoms of this great country. 

You can read more about it here:

Throughout the festival we are also have a booth set up called: Words from the Wise where you can record your experiences and stories for posterity. This is a great way to share where you were when a world event happened and how it affected you. 

I asked my father where he was when we landed on the moon and he told me an amazing story about listening to the moon landing while flying a commercial jet. My father was a pilot and it was enriching to hear his first hand account of something I don't remember. No doubt, one day, I will be telling my children where I was when I heard the news of September 11th, 2001.

You can read more about Words from the Wise here:

No comments: